There are many reasons why you might want to start a detox. Some do it because of an illness. Others do it because of a physical or spiritual goal. The reasons why are not important to this article. What is important is how to do a detox successfully. Whether you want to cleanse in general or for a more specific reason your success depends on being clear and realistic about what your goals are.
7 Tips To Do a Successful Detox
- Before you begin your detox reduce the amount of dairy, alcohol, and sugar you consume three days prior to starting. It will help you avoid missing them so much while on your detox. Addictive substances like these can de-rail you really quick and should be done away with before you begin.
2. Chew on fennel seeds when you get hungry, it can help keep the hunger under control.
3. Do something you enjoy to help keep you going when you feel like you want to quit. Spending time outside. Go for a walk. Ride a bike or read a good book. You can watch a movie or go on YouTube and try belly dancing, relax with soft music and diffuse your favorite essential oil.
4. Write in your journal or get a coloring book and let your inner child have some fun. Work with your imagination and creativity.
5. Do some gentle breathing and stretching. It doesn’t have to be specific moves just do what feels good while listening to some soft music with your favorite nature sounds. It will get your circulation going and help clear out the toxins faster (a benefit of physical activity.)
6. If you get a headache during your detox use a few drops of good quality peppermint essential oil along with a gentle carrier oil like olive oil. Place a few drops on your temples and the back of your neck.
7. You can put a cool washcloth over your eyes or cucumber slices. This can help you in two ways, it can help relieve your headache, and it will feel good on your eyes and maybe even reduce a bit of puffiness if that’s an issue.
8. Try dry skin brushing any soft brush will do the trick; the bristles should feel firm but not scratchy when you rub your skin with them. Start at your feet and work your way up toward your heart, making small circular motions. When you get to your arms, work your way from your hands up to your chest. You might be wondering, why dry brushing?
The reason is that it gets your blood flowing a bit faster and encourages your lymphatic system to eliminate metabolic waste more quickly. The best time to do it is before you shower, it helps to remove the dry skin that way when you apply lotion afterward it can soak in more and better moisturize your skin so it feels softer and smoother.
All photos in this article are believed to be public domain. If you own one of the pictures you see here please contact us and it will be taken down immediately