Back pain causes people to suffer from mild to severe discomfort at some point, it can make daily routines more difficult. Here’s something to help.
Focus on your feet:
Our feet are quite amazing because they’re a map of our body. Each foot has 26 bones, 107 ligaments, and 7200 nerve endings. You might be wondering what that has to do with anything. We hope this article will help.
Lower back pain
For lower back pain look at your feet and find the spot near your heel. There’s a pressure point about an inch in. This point is directly connected to your lower back.
- Apply pressure to this spot with your thumb
- Start with a little pressure and increase as you are comfortable.
- Do this on your own or have someone do it for you.
Using essential oils like Wintergreen, Eucalyptus, Rosemary, Sage, and Basil can make the treatment more effective because they’re good for pain relief.
You can buy essential oils at your local health food store and online. You don’t have to use all of them at once. It’s best to choose two or three at a time.
If you only have one oil that’s okay, the idea is to combine an effective oil with the pressure point, helping to trigger the bodies healing ability.
How To Use The Oil:
- Put two tablespoons of a carrier oil like coconut or olive oil in a small bowl
- Add ten drops of the essential oil
- Mix gently with your fingers, and apply to the pressure point on your foot. (near heel about an inch in)
- Do this on both feet for better balance and effectiveness.
- A little oil will go a long way and should last for several applications
- Wash hands well afterward to avoid burning your eyes when you touch your face
Work with each foot for about 5 minutes twice a day, once in the morning and once at night if possible.
If twice a day doesn’t work do it at night as you wind down from a full day. In time should notice a difference in your back.
This process can take two weeks, it’s not a quick fix, but can be effective. When your back is better I believe it’s a good idea to maintain this practice for a couple weeks to continue the healing.
Give yourself a treatment once or twice a week like you might do if you were seeing a Chiropractor for added effectiveness.
(Disclaimer for allergies, don’t use these oils if you are allergic, the pressure point itself will be effective.)
All photos in this article are believed to be public domain. If you own one of the pictures you see here please contact us and it will be taken down immediately