Resentment often occurs when people say things which are untrue. It can lead to anger and hurt. We have the right to feel this way; however we can’t let these feelings control us.
When you think about the situation or person and go into defense mode.
- You put up a shield
- Feel your chest tighten.
- You play unpleasant scenarios in your head.
- You begin to expect the worst.
Letting resentment have power over you will deprive you of the joy and comfort you should be experiencing. Resentment is like a wall that stands in the way of what the universe wants to give you.
Resentment can even affect the health. You may find yourself experiencing tension headaches, stomach problems and restless nights. All of these can wear you down; making you vulnerable to things you don’t want in life.
Resentment can even affect the kind of people you draw to you. This is because the law of attraction pulls to you that which is similar to what you are putting out. Energy follows thought. So don’t let negative energy have a place in your lives.
- Acknowledge how your feel.
- Give your-self 5 minutes to be angry, sad etc.
- Embrace what you know to be true, act on it.
- Connect with the earth; give her your troubles so you can move on.
To move on, connect with the earth by going to your favorite outdoor spot if possible. If you can’t do this go to your favorite room in the house. Eliminate distractions; stay focused on your goal. This is your chance to get resentment out of your way.
Sit or stand in a comfortable position, take some deep breaths. Imagine the unpleasant feelings draining out of your body like you are rinsing off dirty water.
As you do this see the earth removing these feelings and pushing them far away from you. Invite the sun or moon to replace them with comforting and pleasant thoughts; filling you with forgiveness.
It is important to get past resentment so you can be open and receptive to the abundance of the universe. Holding on to anger and hurt will stand in the way. When we push resentment out of our way we leave the door open so we can move forward.
- What happened no longer replays in your mind
- Energies are refocusing to something positive.
- You have given the Earth your burden and are allowing her spirits to help you move forward.
- You have forgiven all who offended you.
- You are fully aware that you are in control of your feelings.
You have the choice to react or not, don’t give resentment power over you. It is your right to be the master of your domain, feelings and actions. Outside influences have little power over you unless you let them.